Our presenters MOTIVATE through a series of videos, animations, data, workshops & personal stories. Through this module, we will present an inspiring view of the future by encouraging students to identify their own strengths, develop an in-depth understanding of what intrinsically motivates them and broaden their understanding of the many pathways available to them. We pose questions that require the students to answer for themselves, not ones they can copy from their peers.
In part one of this workshop, students are encouraged to consider the concept of ‘perspective’ after visualising a timeline of their life and goals and will learn about the impact of their choices and decisions. In part two, students will develop their knowledge of the many post-school pathways available to them over the next few years. They will gain an in-depth understanding of how to use data in order to evaluate their various careers options and learn about the future of employment as well as the benefits and data surrounding Vocational Education & Training (VET).
Key Points for Student Outcomes
- Develop an in-depth understanding of personal intrinsic motivations
- Develop perspective around the timeline of life & the impact of choices
- Identify personal strengths & weaknesses
- Gain an understanding of the future of employment
- Understand the myths and facts surrounding vocational education